Thursday, May 22, 2008

Not Ashamed of the Gospel

Paul writes to the Romans that he is "not ashamed of the gospel." I've always been struck by that idea. Perhaps because my experience is that sometimes I am afraid of the ridicule that following Christ can entail. I feel it occassionally when I am in a social setting with people I've just met and they ask me what I do for a living. I wonder what their reaction will be. I hope that the relationship will continue. Maybe you've been there.

In this passage Paul helps us get over our fear by teaching us that:
  • We will not be ashamed if we really understand what the gospel is.
  • We will not be ashamed if we factor in the power of God.
  • We will not be ashamed if we truly believe the gospel.

I beleive that God will really do an incredible work in our midst over the coming weeks. See you there!

Pastor Karl

No comments: